Motivated and professional Developer with a passion for Email and Web Development and a background in Creative Design for Digital and Print Media. Having knowledge of the latest trends, tools, and pixel perfect attention to detail, as well as hands-on experience with the latest industry standard software and technologies.
Experienced in Design, Development, and Marketing, having worked with a multitude of organisations, from small businesses and charities to global corporations, and working in a variety of environments. Resulting in continuous improvement in communication, team work, time management, and project management skills.
- Back End: PHP and MySQL (Custom WordPress Theme and Child Theme Development).
- Responsive HTML Email Development. Salesforce Marketing Cloud (ExactTarget). Mailchimp.
- Dynamic and Personalised Emails using AMPscript.
- Very quick learner, continuously learning new skills.
- CMS and eCommerce Systems: HP TeamSite and MediaBin. WordPress. WooCommerce. Magento (plus M2E).
- Understanding of Cross Browser Compatibility and W3C Standards Compliance.
- Adobe Creative Cloud (Photoshop, Dreamweaver, Illustrator, InDesign, Flash, Fireworks, Bridge, Acrobat).
- Adobe Marketing Cloud (Omniture). Google Analytics. Email and Social Media Marketing. SEO. Google Adwords.
- Sublime Text. Atom. Brackets.
- Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, OneNote, PowerPoint, Project).
- First Line Support. ServiceNow. JIRA. Trello. SharePoint. Lotus Notes.
- Excellent communication and team work skills gained through seven years of professional experience.
- Ability to work under pressure. Can work very well under own initiative. Easily adapts to change.
- Excellent time management and organisational skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Project Management: Managing projects from start to finish by working with a variety of contractors from around the world (including designers, developers, copywriters, marketers and researchers).
- Good understanding and appreciation of equality and diversity.
Email and Front End Developer
Sony Interactive Entertainment Europe, London
June 2016 – Present (Contract)
- Developing bespoke, responsive, complex, and dynamically targeted html emails, using hand-coded HTML and CSS from scratch, that display well in all major email clients, and are being sent to millions of subscribers.
- Creating highly personalised and complicated emails using a variety of PlayStation consumer and gameplay data.
- Increasing production of emails from thirty-three EMEA locales to forty-one including support for RTL (right to left) languages like Arabic.
Sony Computer Entertainment Europe, London
June 2015 – June 2016 (Contract)
- Developing bespoke and responsive html emails.
- Figuring out development solutions from PSDs with graphically rich designs and challenging layouts.
- Dealing with complex emails covering thirty-three EMEA locales, which contain several variables including collapsible modules, localised copy, currency, URLs, exclusive design elements and availability of products and services in different territories.
- Making sure to thoroughly test and check emails using a variety of methods, before being sent off to millions of subscribers, including:
- Using Return Path Inbox Preview, a Litmus-powered app, to view previews of the email in numerous email clients, including desktop, mobile and webmail, and a variety of browsers.
- Actual test sends of the email to a variety of email clients and devices to be able to interact with the real email on real devices as it would be done by a customer.
- Peer review of emails to ensure elimination of mistakes before email is sent.
- Editing design work and assets where necessary, primarily using Photoshop CC.
- Brainstorming ideas for emails, individually and as a team, and experimenting with innovative new ideas.
- Reviewing and refining code as and when new or better techniques are discovered.
- Using Salesforce’s AMPscript language to create dynamic emails based on various factors of Audience Segmentation and also to create personalised emails using subscriber data.
- Meticulously checking all elements of the email in the code and in the excel document that contains all the territory specific information such as copy and links.
- Assisting the CRM team on a regular basis with the production of a templated version of emails and also similarly assisting territories with the production of their locally developed bespoke email campaigns.
- Setting up emails in Salesforce Marketing Cloud (ExactTarget) ready for the CRM team to deploy.
- Managing multiple projects and tasks while working towards tight deadlines, using agile methodologies.
- Creating documentation, tutorials, and code snippets and templates of generic re-usable modules.
- Working closely with a variety of teams throughout the life-cycle of email campaigns, including: CRM team, Copywriters, Localisation team, Designers, Territory contacts across EMEA for the approval process, Web Developers, Product Managers, and external Agencies.
- Attending regular meetings with various teams, stakeholders, and external Agencies.
- Researching and staying up-to-date on fixes, trends, best practices, etc. and continuously improving current skills and learning relevant new skills.
Web Designer (Digital Technology Coordinator, EMEA)
Herbalife Europe Limited, London
June 2014 – June 2015 (Fixed Term Contract)
- Supporting the EMEA region of a global multi-billion dollar company with their digital technology efforts in HTML Email Development, Web Content Management, and New Product Launches.
- Developing HTML Email Templates and Content Areas in ExactTarget ready for the local marketing teams across EMEA to send out Email Marketing Communications to over 5 million subscribers.
- Updating and managing Herbalife websites across EMEA using TeamSite & MediaBin, and WordPress CMS.
- Working closely with a variety of internal departments (designers, developers, copywriters, marketers, legal representatives, etc) and stakeholders worldwide (including managers and directors) in order to successfully deliver projects and provide ongoing post-production support.
- Project managing updates and roll-outs across the EMEA websites and microsites, which includes liaising with internal development teams and external agencies.
- Project managing the online delivery of Herbalife Product Launches.
- Providing First Line Support to local marketing and content publishing teams across EMEA.
- Training local marketing and content publishing teams through Live sessions via Cisco WebEx and creating Tutorial Videos and Guides.
- Hosting a monthly ExactTarget clinic for local marketing teams across EMEA covering topics such as Email Marketing Best Practices, ExactTarget Tips & Tutorials, Overcoming challenges with ExactTarget, etc.
- Prioritising workload in order to ensure the timely delivery of projects and continued support for the EMEA internal stakeholders in the delivery of their online content.
- Working closely with our Global counterparts in USA and Mexico in the delivery of Global Online initiatives.
- Ensuring the design of all assets is consistent across all digital mediums based on the brand guidelines.
- Coordinating and delivering ad hoc requests that come to us, the Digital Technology Strategy team.
ZEN Digital Media, London
May 2015 – October 2015 (Contract)
- Designing digital assets for client website and social media pages, including page sliders, featured images, banners and special offer deals, etc. And using a bespoke CMS to manage the website content.
- Designing promotional images to serve as slides for a television window display unit.
- Designing for print media, including Business Card, Invitation Card, and Large Wall Canvas.
- Working with a close-knit team of stakeholders to complete deliverables to tight deadlines.
Web and Graphic Designer
Self-Employed T/A Imagin8 Media Limited
August 2011 – September 2014 (Freelance)
- Working with Small Businesses and Charities on a variety of web, print, and marketing projects.
- Designing graphics for websites, html email newsletters, social media, and print material using Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator, etc.).
- Designing for Brand Identity.
- Creating and developing design concepts according to agreed guidelines.
- Producing pixel-perfect designs taking into consideration the appropriate use of all required elements such as typography, colours and white space.
- Designing, developing and managing HTML Email Newsletters.
- Assisting with Online Marketing using HTML Email and Social Media to boost the digital marketing efforts for small businesses that for the most part rely on traditional offline marketing methods which are increasingly becoming less effective as online marketing grows.
- Managing projects from start to finish by working with a variety of contractors from around the world (including designers, developers, programmers, copywriters, marketers and researchers).
- Creating brand new food and drink menus along with websites and Facebook pages for restaurants while keeping the design consistent across multiple platforms giving these businesses a much needed online presence and a fresh new look.
- Managing multiple projects at the same time and working under pressure to meet tight deadlines.
- Administering the business aspect of freelancing including meeting clients, creating briefs, quotes and timeframes, keeping clients up to date with progress, managing contractors, as well as invoicing clients, keeping track of income and expenses and doing the accounting for my self-employment.
- Playing a part towards humanitarian causes by helping charities with design, development and marketing projects on both voluntary and reduced-cost basis.
Web and Graphic Designer
Hatton Jewellers, London
May 2012 – June 2014 (In-house, freelance)
- Re-designing and developing ecommerce website and integrating all sales channels (website, eBay, and amazon) into one platform using Magento improving workflow and speed of listing new products.
- Transforming an out-dated website to new, modern, spacious, functional and appealing. This has attracted more customers and as a result produced more sales.
- Managing projects working with a close-knit team and also external contractors.
- Managing the creation of the stores product database using Excel which consisted of over 4000 products and 80 columns of data. Meticulously checking through and correcting the data for precision in order to conform to the strict guidelines of Amazon and eBay, which required a high level of attention to detail.
- Troubleshooting issues effectively caused by various factors such as software updates.
- Designing, coding, and spam acid testing HTML Email Marketing campaigns and managing with MailChimp.
- Designing and developing a microsite for the brick-and-mortar shop for all services offered plus to help with SEO.
- Communicating by phone and email with a variety of support agents from eBay, PayPal, Amazon, Magento, Visa, HostNine, TSO Host, etc. to resolve problems with integrations and stability.
- Designing graphic for Facebook. Developing and implementing a marketing app for Facebook to run monthly competitions which resulted in an increase of Facebook likes and MailChimp subscribers.
- Assisting with general technical and software-related IT issues.
Web and Graphic Designer
Contrast Interiors Ltd, London
Dec 2011 – June 2014 (Freelance)
- Designing and developing new websites from conceptualisation to completion for several clients of Contrast Interiors and communicating and meeting directly with the clients to get projects done.
SEPTEMBER 2001 – JULY 2011
- Executive Private Hire Driver - Excel Cars and Couriers, London and GLH, London - Contractor
- Freelance Designer - Working with Various Businesses and Individuals
- Waiter - Wincanton Tandoori Restaurant, Somerset
- Checkout Operator - Asda, Isle of Dogs, London
- Volunteer In Various Roles - Millennium Volunteers at Docklands, London
- Supervisor at George Green's School Summer Programme
- Steward in the River Culture Festival 2002
- Youth Worker at Alpha Grove Community Centre
- Security in the River Culture Festival 2003
- Office Assistant - Policy Research and Statistics, London Borough of Tower Hamlets, London